The art of making pancakes must be one of the more simpler things to master but I must confess that until coming across this recipe I did not enjoy much success in making a good pancake.
2 eggs (separated)
2/3 cup ricotta
¼ cup milk
2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Beat together ricotta, egg yolks and milk until smooth.
- Mix together flour and baking powder and add to ricotta mixture beating until mixed.
- Fold egg whites into ricotta mixture until no white remains.
- Cook on a hot buttered griddle until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake, turn over and cook other side.
- Makes about 10 to 12 five inch pancakes.
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons granulated sugar.
- Place all ingredients into a medium size pot.
- Heat until sugar dissolves.
- Place half of the mixture into a blender and puree.
- Return puree to the remaining blueberries in the pot and simmer until mixture reduces to desired consistency.
Notes, Tips and Suggestions
- The blueberry sauce is a little on the tart side, next time I will add a little more sugar and reduce the lemon juice to half the amount called for.
- Serve pancakes with butter and maple syrup or fresh fruit instead.
- The recipe for Blueberry Sauce can be easily cut in half if full amount is not needed.